Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just Because I Show a Little Cleavage...

I'm a girl. I have boobs. Deal with it.


Do you hear that guys? Women have boobs. For some women, it is a little more difficult to cover them up. And even then, sometimes we don't want to. Even RuPaul said, "Work it girl."' But get this: even if we show a little cleavage, it doesn't mean that we want you.



Cleavage happens, but it is not an open invitation to 1) stare awkwardly at us, 2) make crude/rude/lude comments to us, and 3) send us disgusting messages through MySpace. Sometimes women really do just want to feel sexy or cute without a man, especially a stranger, going on construction-worker on us.


Case in point. Hi, my name is Erica, and I have a large chest. Duh. I hope I'm not shocking anyone because I'm stating the obvious. I can't cover them up; I can't flatten them down; I can't surgically remove them (because I'm poor). Now, take a second and look at my profile picture. I have cleavage, right? I like that picture, and it is my every right to have it up there.


It is not the right of every single guy who has a MySpace profile to send me tens of emails asking for my phone number, my cup size, to meet up with me, asking me if I have a thing for Italians, asking if I prefer African-American males over Caucasian ones, or asking me sexual questions that I'd rather not re-type here.


And "sexy" is not spelled "sexxxxxxy." Do you REALLY think I'd entertain the idea of responding to a message that contains "sexxxxxxy" three or more times? Get your keyboard checked because I'm pretty sure something is stuck.


Not that I'd entertain the idea of responding to a message where "sexy" was spelled correctly... just trying to make a point.


Don't get me wrong; I understand that it is "taboo" to show cleavage, maybe even immoral to some. That just goes to show how much media has an impact on our thought process. But there are girls out there who are not looking to hook up or throw down or any other two-word phrase signifying a sexual encounter. Some of us just want to dress the way we want to dress. I have every right to be respected.


This is not me being all feminist-psycho chick. This is me being real. The same goes for a man. If he wants to wear moose-knuckle pants because he likes them, then I say, "Do it!" It's whatever makes you feel comfortable in your own skin.


Yes, I understand that people are going to look, whether you have your chest or tests out, but as an onlooker, you don't have to say anything. As a habitual MySpace stalker, you don't have to write e-mails (that I'm definitely not going to respond to). I just want to know where in my profile does it say anything about being "Open for Business"?


Anyway, I'm just ranting. What else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment